HSM is seeking a qualified candidate for a 1 shift 7:00 am-3:00 pm Regional/Hourly Truck Driver based out of the Lenoir Plant in Lenoir, NC. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to enter/exit tractor
- Preform pre and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer on a safety checklist. Log any defects and alert manager of any needed repairs.
- Must be able to properly couple and uncouple trailers, and raise/lower trailer landing gear.
- Back trailers in and out of shipping/receiving docks.
- Safely operate compression trailer mechanism.
- Drive trailers to designated areas safely and appropriately.
- Time management skills in order to guarantee on time delivery
- Pickup/deliver backhauls as needed.
- Maintain accurate and legible paperwork.
- Assist shipping/receiving departments with loading/unloading of trailers as needed.
- Basic understanding of government rules and regulations surrounding the operation of a CMV.
- Maintenance CDL in good standing.
- Responsible for ensuring proper load securement of all freight.
- 2 years verifiable CDL experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL and be able to pass all DOT requirements – (physical, drug test, road test, and a clean MVR.)
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret shipping/receiving/production documents.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow directions, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work and drive in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Computer knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work weekends, if needed.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent