HSM is seeking qualified candidates for OTR Truck Drivers based out of the HSM Fleet Office in Conover, NC. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to enter/exit tractor
- Preform pre and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer on a safety checklist. Log any defects and alert manager of any needed repairs.
- Must be able to properly couple and uncouple trailers, and raise/lower trailer landing gear.
- Back trailers in and out of shipping/receiving docks.
- Safely operate compression trailer mechanism.
- Drive trailers to designated areas safely and appropriately.
- Ability to trip plan in a way to maximize the likelihood of on time deliveries.
- Pick up backhauls as needed.
- Maintain accurate and legible paperwork.
- Assist receiving department with unloading of trailers if needed.
- Basic understanding of government rules and regulations surrounding the operation of a CMV.
- Responsible for ensuring proper load securement of all freight.
- 2 years verifiable CDL experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL and be able to pass all DOT requirements – (physical, drug test, road test, and a clean MVR.)
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret shipping/receiving/production documents.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow directions, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work and drive in various weather conditions.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Computer knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work weekends, if needed.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
** Paid by Mileage **