Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an OTR Truck Driver. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Fort Smith.
HSM is seeking qualified candidates for OTR Truck Drivers based out of the HSM Fort Smith, AR. Listed below are the Responsibilities and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to enter/exit tractor
- Preform pre and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer on a safety checklist. Log any defects and alert manager of any needed repairs.
- Must be able to properly couple and uncouple trailers, and raise/lower trailer landing gear.
- Back trailers in and out of shipping/receiving docks.
- Safely operate compression trailer mechanism.
- Drive trailers to designated areas safely and appropriately.
- Time management skills in order to guarantee on time delivery
- Pickup/deliver backhauls as needed.
- Maintain accurate and legible paperwork.
- Assist receiving department with unloading of trailers if needed.
- Basic understanding of government rules and regulations surrounding the operation of a CMV.
- Maintenance CDL in good standing.
- Responsible for ensuring proper load securement of all freight.
- 2 years verifiable CDL experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL and be able to pass all DOT requirements – (physical, drug test, road test, and a clean MVR.)
- Must be able to do heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret shipping/receiving/production documents.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow directions, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work and drive in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Computer knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work weekends, if needed.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent