ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check delivery schedule with Shipping Lead/Plant Manager and receive assignment.
- Assist in loading and unloading trailers as necessary.
- Drive tractor trailer to and from assigned locations (Local).
- Perform truck switching duties on company and/or customer property as assigned.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections as required by D.O.T. regulations and record findings on log sheet.
- Maintain all driver qualifications as required by D.O.T. regulations.
- Must be able to operate a fork lift
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The job requires a Class A CDL license. This local truck driving position requires operating a straight truck as well as 16/18 wheeler. This position requires to drive a Box-Truck 4 miles a day, this would involve 25% of the job. The remainder 75% would be material handling including operation of a forklift.