This job is archived
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to [Register to View] they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and [Register to View] in an accurate and in legible [Register to View] all required paper work associated with freight.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. [Register to View] ([Register to View] or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and [Register to View] necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Perform general [Register to View] duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the locationPreferred Qualifications• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experience