Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We have an immediate opening for an Over the Road Driver to be based in Catawba, NC
This position requires the ability and experience to drive tractor-trailer equipment in day or night hours, all terrains, all weather conditions, in congested and light traffic without regard to day of the week in a safe and efficient manner. This includes all 48 States and Canada.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Successful and safe completion of activities shall include but is not limited to:
- Driving Customer Relations
- Freight Handling Timely Pickup and Delivery of Freight Accurate Documentation of all Paperwork Positive Company Image Vehicle Inspections
- Meet all the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Minimum age is 25.
- Valid Commercial Driver´s License from state of residency.
- Experience driving tractor-trailer equipment a minimum of 110,000 verifiable over the road miles within the last 2.5 years
- No more than 2 moving violations in last 12 months. No more than 5 moving violations in last 3 years.
- No Careless and Imprudent Driving or Reckless Driving convictions within the last 3 years.
- No preventable accident during the previous 3 years that caused a fatality, serious injury, or vehicle(s) transported away from scene by tow truck or other vehicle.
- No suspension or revocation of license resulting from moving violations, excessive points or accidents in the previous 3 years. Hook and unhook tractor-trailer; including pulling fifth wheel pin and trailer tandem
- release, insures equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be physically capable of safely handling freight as reasonably required and be able to lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Insure cargo is properly secured for safe transportation, which includes gross and axle
- Hours of Service are in accordance with FMCSR, Part 395.3(a)(2), 70 hours in 8 days.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.