This job is archived
Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking an Shipping & Receiving. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. HSM is seeking qualified candidates at our location in Tolleson, AZ. This is a 1st shift position, Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 1:30pm.
- Load and unload product into trailers using a forklift, pick list and scanners.
- Check quantities and item descriptions against bill of lading.
- Tasks are performed as outlined in established Job Safety Analyses, National Quality Standards, and established hourly productivity goals using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Required to organize and/or stock raw materials in the work area and to follow departmental housekeeping requirements and leave the work environment and equipment clean at the end of the production day.
- Other duties as designated by supervisors or management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Work experience driving a forklift in an industrial setting or manufacturing environment required. This position also requires a demonstrated ability and willingness to work safely, take initiative, multi-task, and work both independently and as a part of a team. Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
This position requires operators to stand and walk for a minimum of eight hours per day and in overtime situations when required. Position requires operators to be able to lift heavy product or raw materials ranging from as little as 50 up to 120 pounds multiple times per hour during an eight hour shift and in overtime situations as dictated by customer orders. Position requires production within the range specified for the position to maintain integrity of make-to-order system.
Must be able to comprehend and follow work instructions and production tickets. Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions, communicate with coworkers and management, and work in a variable, fast-paced, team environment.
Safety-focused, fast-paced manufacturing plant engaged in Lean Manufacturing assembly principles. Work environment includes a clean and safe work area, exposure to high noise decibels, hot raw materials, fire retardant materials, limited chemicals. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to be worn for any hazards and is supplied by the company.