Our fast-paced manufacturing firm is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Clerk. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has a minimum of 6 months experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, has excellent attendance and is committed to workplace safety. We offer excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as retirement benefits, PTO and paid holidays. This position is at our Lenoir Plant location in Lenoir, NC. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday). Listed below are the qualifications and requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews loading tallies and BOLs
- Uses forklift to pull customer orders
- Loads trailers per BOLs and Loading Tallies
- Fills out paperwork as required.
- Stages material in warehouse (on-site and off-site)
- Communicates with transportation companies or vendors as required.
- Packages and palletizes product for shipment
- Participates in inventory cycle counts as required and supports inventory accuracy tasks.
- Processes material receipts, issuances, credit requests, and other transactions in a timely manner
- Supports the reorder process of raw materials and raise awareness to carrying too much or too little raw material.
- Properly document and transact material substitutions
- Organize and process scrap transactions, following existing process and provide ideas for improvement.
- Assist customer deliveries as needed using approved processes
- Assist and drive others to properly transact materials.
- Assist and drive the organization of work in process material storage as it relates to warehouse storage
- Provide accurate inputs for manual entry sheets or JDE tools using provided terminals, portable scanners, etc.
- Must have above average math skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Forklift Experience is required (squeeze type preferred.)
- Must have above average computer skills.
- Knowledge of JDEdwards is helpful.
- Must have excellent safety history.
- Must have excellent attendance record.
- Must be able to work overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.