Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Excellent opportunity to lead cross-functional teams to implement an efficient supply chain in support of strategies as it relates to both existing products and new product introduction; with the goal of launching production of new products at optimum costs with the right supply chain.How You'll Help us Connect The World
- Drive early supplier involvement with all new designs from the concept stage onwards, ensuring that supplier DFM feedback is considered in the final design.
- Responsible for product BOM costs from Concept to final Production launch, ensuring that BOM cost targets for individual projects are achieved.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering and global factory-based purchasing teams to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities on existing and new products.
- Conducts detailed cost analysis of components, establishing ‘Should Cost’ models to get to the lowest cost. Generate and analyze RFQ/bid proposals.
- Participate in vendor site visits and audits.
- Selection of the best resource for a strategic relationship with CommScope.
- Assist in corporate negotiations for global vendor base (both in region and multi-national).
- Price and Cost reduction with Supply Base.
- Identifies areas of the product for price improvements and provides feedback to Cross-Functional teams, Site Procurement teams, and Category managers.
- Track product Cost reduction and implementation plans.
- Drive supply risk mitigations, identify the single and sore sourced supplier, develop, and implement risk mitigation strategies and programs. Continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Position requires up to 50% of travel (domestic and international).
- A completed BS/BA in related fields required.
- Eight+ years’ experience in procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, or related field required (4 years of most recent direct material procurement experience)
MBA or advanced degree preferred. Electronic procurement experience and contract manufacturing procurement experience desired. ERP experience ideally with SAP preferred. Reporting experience with MS Excel or Business Objects. Must demonstrate the capability to lead a cross-functional team and project management skills. Must have strong culture sensitivities working with teams across global locations.
This position can be located in Richardson, TX or Lowell, MAWhat happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting [Register to View] Why CommScope
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Texas;United States : Texas : Richardson