Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to expect
We have an exciting opportunity for an engineering intern who will support activities as a member of a fast-paced product development organization.
You will -
- Support design, analysis and fabrication of prototype fiber optic connector system and fixtures.
- Brainstorm, setup, and execute advanced development experiments working with engineering staff.
- Operate advanced measurement equipment including optical transmission systems, interferometers, microscopes, cameras, and precision gages.
- Analyze test data, provide technical documentation to engineering, and maintain electronic files to preserve design history.
- Use PowerPoint to help create technical presentations for engineering and business development.
- Organize and maintain laboratory space.
- Participate in team meetings; communicate with colleagues including technology staff, test engineering, quality, and manufacturing process development.
- Self-Development: Learn company systems. Learn about company products.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Sciences, or Physics.
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
- Knowledge of Fiber Optics, Mathematical Software, Finite Element Analysis, and Solid Modeling desirable, but not required.
- Ability to compile and analyze data using spreadsheets and graphing programs including MS Excel or Minitab.
- Eligible candidates will be available for an internship from May 2020 to August 2020.
- Majors: Junior or Senior status in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, or Physics. Master’s students will be considered.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.