This job is archived
- Subject Matter Expert on matters important to our industry, or, in one or more of our products. Serve as a mentor to team members and other Sales Engineering teams.
- Establish credible relationships with customer’s upper level technical contacts in order to further communication of product capabilities, needs and wants between the customer and Company.
- Manage projects requiring resources from different departments and/or external vendors
- Provide technical training through activities such as trade show demonstrations, customer product trials, product beta trials, RFx responses and defense, customer presentations, customer seminars.
- Provide technical expertise on overall cable TV system and network architectures.
- Develop and present positioning papers, technical white papers, presentations and other technical documentation for national/international level conferences.
- Proactively monitor the customer base and identify new customer’s needs and issues. Provide feedback to Sales, upper management or Technical Services, as appropriate, for issues or opportunities.
- Maintain current on industry and competitive developments as related to ARRIS’ product portfolio.
- Deliver product or industry training to VAR’s, resellers, MSR’s and customers.
- Maintain a good working relationship with PLM, R&D and Marketing within different Business Units.
- Provide product roadmap updates within the sales team and to customers on a regular basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering (Master’s degree preferred) or Equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years equivalent industry experience. Product related training, for example: HFC design (RF and Optical), Data Routing, Telephony, Video
- Thorough understanding of HFC architectures and design principles, high-speed data technology, TCP/IP, CMTS, VoIP, and Digital Video distribution
- Possesses good communication and presentation skills
- Possesses good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and build and work in a team
- Ability to be self-directed and motivated.