This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is searching for a Research and Development Engineer in the Fiber Cable Engineering group in our Claremont, NC manufacturing facility. The Engineering team provides innovation and support for the various fiber cable families offered by CommScope, including Premises, Indoor/Outdoor, Outdoor and Hybrid Power-Fiber cables. This position will also provide the opportunity to work with many other functional groups within CommScope, including Product Management, Operations, Purchasing, Quality.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new fiber optic cable products, including development of materials, physical construction and process optimization in collaboration with other groups.
- Responsible for managing projects using CommScope's project management system.
- Responsible for internal and external technical support of current fiber optic cable products, to include domestic and international business.
- Responsible for developing, scheduling, and implementing cost reduction projects.
- Participation in industry standards development.
- Responsible for creating test plans, analyzing data and creating reports.
- Bachelor’s degree (current or completed by Dec 2019) or higher in related technical curriculum with 0-2 years of related experience.
- Sound safety and quality principles.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products.
- Creative, analytical technical problem-solver.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously, and balance day to day activities with project activity.
- Able to work independently and productively with little supervision.
- Able to work in cross-functional teams.
- Professional and assertive communication skills.
- Routinely display initiative in achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to interface with Manufacturing personnel and coordinate development work in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in the fiber optic cable industry is desired.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.