Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a R&D Engineer in our Shakopee, MN office you responsible for working with cross functional teams to design and release new products, or improve existing products. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Participate in product development and cost reduction team efforts.
- Create documentation of product requirements based on industry standards.
- Create designs of new components and assemblies.
- Create documentation to support the release of new and modified products.
- Support the optical and mechanical testing of fiber optic products.
- Work with Manufacturing on process development and introductions of new products into Manufacturing.
- Perform data analysis and evaluation.
- Project Manage activities assigned on projects of a small size
- Perform failure analysis.
- Write test reports documenting the results of testing.
- Review and approve product design and engineering change documentation for conformance to company, customer, agency and industry specifications and standards.
- Generate Record of Inventions for innovations and pursue intellectual property protection.
- Collaborate with other engineers and technicians in team oriented environment
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Develop awareness of corporate, business unit and quality management system documentation.
- Develop awareness of relevant industry standards for fiber optic products
- Develop awareness of the range of lab test equipment.
- Develop knowledge of fiber optic products and technical principals.
- Develop knowledge of engineering tools such as LEAN and/or 6-sigma, DMAIC or other improvement process, DoE, FMEA, MSA, uncertainty.
- Possibility for travel potentially to international locations.
- Position has growth potential per engineering technical ladder with six additional engineering titles each with increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related curriculum completed by June 2020 c
- Solid communication skills including excellent writing skills.
- Strong computer skills preferably with programming experience.
- Skilled at planning and ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Understanding of design for manufacturing.
Strongly Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience with design/test of fiber optic connectors and cable assemblies used in Enterprise and Carrier markets per international and Domestic standards (TIA-EIA-568B, GR-326, etc).
- CREO experience
- Programming experience with Visual Basic and LabView.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.