We have an exciting opportunity with Ruckus Networks, a Commscope company, in our Wireless Solutions Product Management organization. The wireless solutions business within Ruckus Networks has been growing rapidly with extremely aggressive aspirations in both the enterprise and service provider markets. With so many growth opportunities, it is critical for the product management organization to chart the right path forward and align market opportunities to product strategy and go-to-market in order to out-execute competitors and grow much faster than the market.Position Summary
Director, Product Management will report to the Sr. Director Product Management for Wireless Products. Candidate for this role should demonstrate passion for product management, very strong technical, communication & leadership skills, creativity, cross functional team work to deliver competitive product while keeping customer first attitude.
This person will be directly responsible for managing WLAN controllers (physical and virtual), data plane gateway and infrastructure services that are focused on Enterprise and Service Provider customers, primarily from software features perspective. It means maintaining a well-defined roadmap, very close interactions with engineering to clearly define the product requirements via PRDs and in person discussions, and managing the entire product lifecycle through idea inception, product execution, and end of life.
In addition, this role requires strong collaboration on positioning, content development & presentation, go-to-market with wireless and wired product management, product and technical marketing, training, business development, Support and the Sales teams. This person will be the product evangelist and champion throughout the company. Additionally, this person will have frequent interactions with customers and partners and/or some amount of travel to their locations worldwide.
· WLAN controller, gateway and networking infrastructure, services lifecycle management· Maintain well-defined roadmap · Drive business and product requirements
· Collaboratively create product introduction and marketing plans· Competitive analysis
· Present and evangelize new products as needed, value propositions and differentiators· Create and drive sales training content
8+ 7+years in product management focused on Enterprise and SP customer segments
· 10+ years with Technical background in networking, including WLAN APs, high capacity WLAN controllers· Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products · Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience in driving projects across cross-functional team
· Result-oriented, self-starter and team player. Willingness to work in high-paced and dynamic work environment.· BS/MS degree in technical area; MBA preferred but not mandatory