This job is archived
At Ruckus Networks, a Commscope company, we are constantly redefining connectivity to create a smarter, simpler, more connected world. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services.
Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
Our canine mascot symbolizes our business built on deep relationships with our partners and an obsessive dedication to our end-customers. Dogs are fiercely loyal and known to go to extremes for the benefit of the pack. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do
Ruckus Wireless, the Wi-Fi industry’s acknowledged leader in innovation, revenue growth, and carrier deployment market share, is seeking more high-caliber talent for our solution engineering organization.
The Senior Solutions Architect position will offer the right candidate the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the success of our sales team and channel partners through the development and showcasing of Ruckus solutions’ This is a hands-on opportunity and ideal for someone with significant switching and Wi-Fi networking expertise looking to tackle critical business problems and help define and validate new end-to-end solutions with products from Ruckus and our ecosystem partners.Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead integration efforts between Ruckus and non-Ruckus products, including use case solution design and interoperability that enhance Ruckus offerings
- Creation of documentation describing integration and solution projects
- Build and maintain demos in the Commscope Innovation Center (CIC) in coordination with other demo stakeholders.
- Create and support CIC demonstrations for customers
- Provide and validate technical content included in Ruckus and partner marketing, sales and training materials
- Develop and support a public-facing suite of Ruckus systems for use by the field and channel/ecosystem partners for PoC trials, demos, sandboxes, interoperability testing, etc.
- Capture and share best practices in the form of written configuration guides and application notes
This position reports to the Manager of Solutions Engineering and is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- 7+ years of experience in the telecommunications industry or IT, including at least 3 years in switching and Wi-Fi
- Strong skills in system test plan design and execution, including flawless attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to operate independently in diverse vertical market and technical environments
- Demonstrable quality and productivity in content creation
- Strong command of written English, including crisp, user-friendly instructions for system configuration and deployment best practices (relevant writing samples will be required)
- Experience with enterprise and/or carrier Wi-Fi networks: wireless controllers and access points, location/asset tracking systems, handheld devices, NAC solutions, subscriber gateways, directory servers, connection managers, etc.
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in routing, switching, and network administration
- Industry certifications in routing and switching, and wireless are desirable
- Familiarity with ESXi Servers, RADIUS, Active Directory, Windows, etc.
- The will and attitude required to drive the company’s success through thoughtful analysis and teamwork with other groups within and outside the company
- An undergraduate degree in the sciences or engineering
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, fluid environment