This job is archived
At Ruckus Networks, an Commscope company, we are constantly redefining connectivity to create a smarter, simpler, more connected world. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
Our canine mascot symbolizes our business built on deep relationships with our partners and an obsessive dedication to our end-customers. Dogs are fiercely loyal and known to go to extremes for the benefit of the pack. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
We are seeking Staff Software QA engineer who is passionate about making pioneer smart Wi-Fi products. These products enable carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. Candidate should be comfortable with the entire wireless and wired networking design and implementation
· Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements product designs
· Define test strategy, test plan and test cases based on PRD, functional specs and customer topologies/configurations.
· Execute and automate defined test plans, test cases
· Utilize Python and networking protocol skills to write comprehensive automation scripts for product qualification and problems of diverse scope.
· Creatively come up with ways to test scale, performance, negative scenarios
· Develop model network topology for key customer and test the Ruckus product and solution in house before actual deployment.
· Write clear procedures, bug descriptions and test reports
· Develop solutions to replicate issues and defects found internally or by customers and provide engineering support
Qualifications · Domain expertise with IEEE 802.11, 802.1, 802.3 protocols, Wireless/Network security (Radius, TACACS/Diameter, 802.1x, Hotspot 2.0), Enterprise/Service Provider Access Point Features, WiFi Alliance certifications
· Domain expertise with various network deployments which includes VLAN, Routing, Switching, Tunneling, technologies, Captive Portal, BYOD
· Good working experience of Linux Operating system, multithreading and thread synchronization
· Excellent working experience with internetworking operating systems such as Cisco IOS, Brocade / Ruckus OS or JunOS
· Solid Experience with industry standard wireless/wired traffic generator, simulation, RF analysis tools such as Keysight/iXIA, VeriWave, Spirent, WireShark, Airpcap.
· Hands on Experience with Agile Process, CI/CD Methodologies, test case management systems, defect management such as JIRA, testlink,
· Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Python or TCL Programming to write code for investigating Public and Private Cloud Management components, and perform Machine learning Algorithms to manage and troubleshoot routing and switching networks
· Ability to effectively and efficiently analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution, combine pieces of information to form general conclusions and to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Good Oral and Written Communication skills