In today’s “always-on” world, communications technology specifically Internet Networks and 5G have played a big role in redefining the essence of human existence.
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, CommScope’s Service Assurance software product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that cultivates innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.How you'll help us connect the world:
In this role you will work with the team to innovate, design and develop software for CommScope Service Assurance software products and systems. Your primary focus will include:
- Work with product management to clarify requirements and explore innovative solutions and design and develop forward-looking optimized, performant, scalable and secure solutions
- Ensure quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable detailed system testing
- Crafting work breakdown, estimates and dedication to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- 3+ years of software product development experience in a Linux distributed applications environment
- Proficient in Java programming language with in-depth knowledge of common design paradigms in object-oriented programming (OOP) including APIs and data structures
- Experience using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Kafka, Apache Spark, Maven and database concepts
- Proven understanding of network programming, including Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP and related networking protocols
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or a similar degree program
- Experience with design, development, solving problems of large scale distributed applications.
- Have built web service and related protocols (ex. REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience with database design, NoSQL or SQL databases and modern stack like Scala, Kotlin
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud deployments.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications
- Exposure to Telecom / Cable network management applications
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.