In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, CommScope’s Service Assurance software product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that cultivates innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.How you'll help us connect the world:
In this role you will work with the team to innovate, design and develop software for CommScope Service Assurance software products and systems. Your primary focus will include:
- Work with product management to clarify requirements and explore innovative solutions and design and develop forward-looking optimized, performant, scalable and secure solutions
- Ensure quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable detailed system testing
- Crafting work breakdown, estimates and dedication to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- 3+ years of software product development experience in a Linux distributed applications environment
- Proficient in Java programming language with in-depth knowledge of common design paradigms in object-oriented programming (OOP) including APIs and data structures
- Experience using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Kafka, Apache Spark, Maven and database concepts
- Proven understanding of network programming, including Sockets, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP and related networking protocols
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or a similar degree program
- Experience with design, development, solving problems of large scale distributed applications.
- Have built web service and related protocols (ex. REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience with database design, NoSQL or SQL databases and modern stack like Scala, Kotlin
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud deployments.
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications
- Exposure to Telecom / Cable network management applications
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at [Register to View] You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at [Register to View]