This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.What to expect
As an Embedded Software Engineer C, C++ you will be part of a research and development team that designs and develops features on a Cable Modem Termination System. You’re responsible for the user interface and management of the device and interacts with other teams to create new functionality. Having experience or having a strong desire to learn C programming language will be helpful as you will develop and update Command Line Interface commands. Daily you will write Test Plans, Product Specifications, and Customer documentation along with investigating, debugging and troubleshooting various product defects and field issues.You’ll make an impact by
Adding the new feature tests to the automated test system CLI-TEST, performing unit and integration testing of the product and carrying out weekly test runs and analyze test results for issues.Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience C or C++ concepts including class structures, class inheritance and STL
- 1+ years experience of standard programming, software engineering techniques and software development tools.
- 1+ year of DOCSIS experience.
- At least 1 year experience with Cisco based CLI
- 1+ year experience with industry standard operating systems, compilers, debuggers, source-code control systems and bug trackers.
- 1+ year experience of real time operating system and/or embedded systems and networking, multithreading, and thread synchronization.
- 1+ year experience in scripting languages like Perl, Ruby, Python, and shell scripting preferred
- Knowledge of Java concepts, and Java programming experience a plus
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, and a 401(k) plan
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.