Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.How You'll Help us Connect The World
CommScope is searching for a Software Engineer in our Beaverton, OR office to contribute to products used for advertising insertion into over the top (HLS, DASH) video.
We are looking for a team player to work on our products using Agile principles. An individual who is willing to both author code that is part of the product, as well as author code to increase our automated test coverage to help accelerate our product development cycles.Required Qualifications for Consideration
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience and 1 or more years of corporate software engineering experience
- Strong C/C++ development and debugging skills.
- Broad knowledge of release engineering: build, integration, deployment and provisioning.
- Familiarity with SCTE protocols related to Advertising and video delivery protocols: HLS and DASH
- Experience in networking, storage, server, Linux and cloud technologies as well as experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EC2 deployments and virtual machines.
- Familiarity with defect tracking such as Jira and clustered systems.
- Scripting (shell, perl, python, or ansible)and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations as well as integration between multiple systems using their published API’s.
- Expertise using version control systems such as Git
- Configuring and maintenance of database technologies such as Cassandra, MariaDB, Elastic.
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hireWhy CommScope
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Oregon;United States : Oregon : Beaverton || United States : Oregon : Virtual