Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The launch of RUCKUS Analytics, our new AI/machine learning tool along with RUCKUS Cloud helped businesses manage the new devices and services.We are building next generation of Ruckus Cloud and are looking for senior engineers. We are looking for engineers who see the big picture, can span the breadth of the product, jump into the depths of different topics and bring fresh ideas into various areas.
The mission of our team is to build the plumbing in the cloud infrastructure that makes the cloud services deployment simple and fast. For the cloud team it also includes aspects of large-scale system design, networking, security, configuration and automatic orchestration and many more areas. You will be involved with our fast-paced releases. The role requires hands-on development. The role requires a deep understanding cloud-related technologies, management platforms, networking, and Wi-Fi.
How You'll help us connect the world:
- Architect, design and develop forward-looking optimized, performant, scalable and secure solutions
- Work at multiple layers of the application
- Execute the cloud related project duties, providing as-needed hands-on technical support
- Develop reliable, readable and maintainable code
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to understand big picture, discern high level details and development dependencies
- Ability to lead and influence team members and product manager to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process etc
In general, the successful candidate needs to be multi-faceted, a clear communicator with the ability to manage programs, identifying risks and clearly communicating inwards as well as upwards. This project involves development centers spanning multiple geographies and time zones
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or another technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in leading and technically managing projects
- Experience writing software, designing APIs, working on projects from cradle to grave, including the aspects of back office integration
- Experience building SaaS platform which utilizes micro-services/distributed systems architecture
- Solid understanding of Java aspects like JVM Garbage Collection, JVM Heap, JVM Stack, JVM Profiling, JVM parameters for fine tuning, JVM Class Loading, etc.
You'll excite us if you have:
- Experience on projects in Cloud computing or Cloud-hosted services
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Production expertise in any one of the modern stack Java, Scala, Kotlin or Go
- In depth understanding of micro services architectures, technological familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud, Openstack, GCE, Kubernetes, AWS
- Have built API's/services:
- That is built on top of MQ's - RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS etc.
- That uses cache like Redis, Memcached to improve the performance of the platform
- That scales to millions of users in a cloud environment like Private cloud, GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Wifi knowledge would be highly desired
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.