Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.What to expect
As a Staff Software Engineer in our Suwanee, GA or Horsham, PA facility you will be focused on the definition, integration, deployment and triage of Broadband gateways and cloud-based features for our Home Assure products.You Will Make an Impact By
- Determine and develops approach to solutions.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Work with other functions (Hardware, Firmware, SQA, etc) during the development process
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in the cable industry
- Proficient in scripting languages and general knowledge about cloud architectures; specifically, AWS.
- Experience with gateway/router network protocols such as: DOCSIS, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, IPv6, DNS
- Linux expertise dealing with system configuration, resource management and triage
- Cloud and virtualization networking and management protocols.
- Strong RF expertise
- In-depth knowledge of communication systems software in a real-time embedded development environment OR in application development.
- Extensive experience with industry standard protocols and SW technologies in the telecommunications field either in systems development or in network management/application development.
- Hands-on experience with industry standard tools and reporting systems such as the Atlassian suite
- Ability to collaborate with other teams such as Hardware, Firmware and SQA
- Software security background experience
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to create what’s next. We provide our employees opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive on change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new ideas and generating better solutions. You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Sales Incentive Plan.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Pennsylvania;United States : Pennsylvania : Horsham