Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.What to expect
This position supports a distributed, multi-site, international software development team via modern software development tools. You’ll be responsible for maintain, improving and supporting a dynamic software infrastructure environment to enable rapid and agile software development. You will be collaborate with other functions with hardware, software and test teams during the software development process.You Will Make an Impact By
Maintaining, supporting and improving a complex software development infrastructure for a large, distributed software team.
- Building software infrastructure includes server support (virtual and physical) and software tool support.
- Take direction from software managers, leads, and partners responsible for various projects.
- Evaluate and recommend new solutions, tools and procedures that can increase team efficiency.
- Independently resolve technical problems, initiating design changes and providing engineering support as per project task needs.
- Participate and contribute to code reviews as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years infrastructure support
- Experience developing configuration management tools such as: Jira, GIT/Gerrit, Jenkins, virtual machines, and distributed build tools.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl and Bash
- Proficient in Linux sysadmin skills
- Ability to communicate optimally in both verbal and written form.
- Knowledge of Cloud networking and management protocols.
- Containerization tools such as Docker.
- Knowledge of Agile SW development process Ability to collaborate with other functions (hardware, test, etc.) during the development process required.
- Experience with Yocto build system
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.