Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
This position is responsible for developing a new application to support fiber optic testing hardware, primarily using .NET Win Forms, C#, and PLSQL. This includes development of a new application and integration into existing code base.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Assist in translating business requirements and functional spec into code and software solutions with guidance from software leads.
- Work with product owners and analysts to understand the business and functional specifications.
- Recommend technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
- Assist with the reviewing and/or writing technical documentation while identifying interfaces, methods, parameters, procedure, and functions required to support technical solutions.
- Assist in the design and development of software components using the following languages/scripts/frameworks: C#, Win Forms, PLSQL.
- Support system integration testing by providing guidance to developers on proper practices with peer reviews and UAT by providing insight to testing teams as required. Revise code based on test results and revise documentation as required.
- Assist with providing system incident support as needed, and ensure new or updated artifacts are updated as needed.
- Participate in all software development lifecycle phases by applying in depth understanding of company methodologies, standards, and controls. Assist with estimating resource requirements for technical design, coding, and testing efforts.
- Assist in developing production application support plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Self-manage schedule and deadlines of assigned projects.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Junior or Senior currently pursuing a BS, BA or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Optical Engineering
- 2+ years of software development
- 2+ years of proven experience with Visual Studio Microsoft .NET technologies
- 1+ years of experience of C# and Win Forms
- 1+ year of experience Oracle and/or MS SQL
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including requirements, design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail are required
- Ability to drive projects through to completion
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.