Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking someone who see the big picture, can span the breadth of the product, jump into the depths of different topics and bring fresh ideas into various areas.
You will partner with product management and your technical leads to build a high-value roadmap of innovation for your organization. You will partner with recruiting to hire engineers for your team. You will put mechanisms in place to ensure your org delivers results. You will lead by example to build your organizational culture in keeping with a culture that drives innovation and delivers results. You will partner with technical leads and guide engineers with your technical expertise by contributing to design reviews and ideation. You will mentor, coach and grow your engineers.
You will be a role model of cross-functional leadership, setting the bar for not only your team but the engineering and product teams with whom you work closely every day.
Where you can make an impact:
- Manage career paths and performance for a team of engineers, and managers
- Leading a team of engineers to define and evolve the architecture and underlying system design to build the scalable platform of the future. You are highly technical and have been an engineer yourself
- Help your teams hire and retain our top talent
- Execution - Make decisions which balance between immediate impact and long-term bets, as well as managing resourcing and prioritization
- Cross functional management - Work closely with other teams from across the company to deliver impactful projects which may involve multiple disciplines. Proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to stakeholder
- Computer Science/Engineering/MBA or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development with at least 3 years of experience managing software development teams
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and process along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize development strategies
- Provide oversight working with engineers to understand how everything fits together and how best to deliver meaningful impact
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem-solving, and attention to details
- Proven experience leading agile teams using modern agile methodologies
- Ability to build things from scratch as well as improve existing products
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skill
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.