Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working with a global software team responsible for the design, development and implementation of software for cellular communication systems. This position can be located in Richardson, TX, Shakopee, MN or Forest, VA.
- Design, code and test software applications primarily written in C++.
- Review and write requirement and design documentation.
- Develop and execute unit test cases.
- Resolve and support software issues reported from the field.
- Participate in the system design of wireless communications systems.
- Make decisions independently on software engineering problems and methods and represent the organization to resolve important questions.
- Provide team leadership to the local development team and act as the technical lead for a portion of a project.
- Use ingenuity and creativity to devise new approaches and develop solutions to complex problems without appreciable direction.
- Contribute to the development of new principles or concepts, new techniques or procedures.
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- BSEE/BSCS with 8 or more years of experience or MSEE/PhD with 5 or more years of related experience.
- C++ development experience
- Experience with Linux, both embedded and PC-based
- Experience working in waterfall and agile software development environments
- Experience with software version control systems such as SVN and Git
- Strong communication skills and working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab and/or Bitbucket development platforms
- Working with remote teams in locations around the world.
- Familiarity with cellular standards including LTE, 5G, UMTS, GSM, CDMA
- Familiarity with Yocto Linux and custom Linux device drivers
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Minnesota || United States : Virginia;United States : Minnesota : Shakopee || United States : Virginia : Forest