CommScope is currently seeking a summer intern to join our team in Santa Clara, CA:
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing IP Video delivery products and solutions. You will work closely with a team in the software architecture office that is helping define and implement cloud-native software services that will power our future IP Video products. You will collaborate closely with software engineering, software quality assurance and field engineering teams to help bring new IP Video products to market while supporting the current IP Video product portfolio.
You Will Make an Impact By:
• Partnering with senior level engineers in software architecture and design reviews.
• Designing and implementing software features for various video services/products.
• Designing and developing scripts and processes to deploy, manage, scale and monitor cloud-based software systems.
• Investigating new tools and technologies to incorporate into software development and deployment cycle.
• Develop and execute test plans to validate software features and functionality.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields from an accredited university
• Junior or Senior standing preferable
• Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
• Competency in one or more scripting languages.
• Experience with software engineering tools such as Git (source code control), Jira (bug tracking), Jenkins (CI) etc.
• Familiarity with cloud-native tools and technologies and modern software architecture principles.
• Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
You Will Excite Us If You
• Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.