Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is looking for a dynamic, hands on leader to lead the development of SD-WAN technology. As a Sr. Director of Engineering, your key responsibility will be to Partner with the technical and business leaders across the company to define the product strategy and deliver in time and with quality.
· Manage a multi-geo engineering team to deliver the next generation of cutting-edge networking technologies.
· Understand the competitive landscape to build products that can leapfrog competition
· Participate in architecture and design discussions and reviews.
· Be a good technical soundboard for the team members.
· Implement the processes in place to improve both efficiency and quality.
· Hire, mentor and grow leaders (managers and technical leaders).
· Drive (and grow) cultural values important for the company, business, and customers to improve the business
What you need in this role:
If you have the right skillset for this exciting rare opportunity, like challenging the status quo, and have the ambition of leading a team to deliver future networking technologies, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Aptitude & attitude is the most essential criteria of what you need to be successful in performing this job along with the following qualifications:
· Experienced engineering leader, with solid experience in defining, and bringing new technology products to market in the enterprise networking.
· Experienced with working cross-organizationally (PLM, Engineering, Support, and Sales), and geographically, to define and execute new engineering programs.
· You influence and inspire individuals and teams around you to take on bigger challenges and deliver ground-breaking technology.
· You must have a strong knowledge of enterprise networking (Layer 3 Control and Data plane), and/or security domain.
· Ability and interest in working on technical details with architects and engineers.
· Strong coding skills (Java, Go, C). Active coding not expected, but a big plus.
· Laser focused on customer experience.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
· B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
What do we do @ Ruckus?
Ruckus is a Business Unit within CommScope, focused on delivering cutting edge solutions to enable our customers to communicate effectively and reliably, in real time, across the world. At the heart of global connectivity are the engineers who write innovative software for our award-winning networking products to bring the information quickly and reliably where needed.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.