Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We're looking for engineers to work with the Ruckus Cloud. This project offers interesting opportunities for building innovative services. We are looking for engineers who see the big picture, can span the breadth of the product, jump into the depths of different topics and bring fresh ideas into various areas.
The mission of our team is to build the plumbing in the cloud infrastructure that makes the cloud services deployment simple and fast. For the cloud team it also includes aspects of large-scale system design, networking, security, configuration and many more areas. You will be involved with our fast-paced releases. The role requires hands-on development. The role requires a deep understanding of cloud-related technologies, highly scaled SaaS services background and management platforms, networking, and Wi-Fi.
- Work at multiple layers of the application.
- Develop reliable, readable and maintainable code.
- Architect and Design forward-looking problems or new areas.
- Making decisions on cloud characteristics, architecture, scaled services
- Manage your own project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Required Soft Skills
- Understanding the big picture and discerning its high- level details
- Ability to identify development dependencies
- Collaborate with team members to design the best solutions.
- Ability to grasp new, cutting-edge technologies, evaluate and test out alternatives
- Ability to quickly read, understand and explain technical topics to the team as well as senior management
- In general, the successful candidate needs to be multi-faceted, a clear communicator with the ability to manage programs, identifying risks and clearly communicating inwards as well as upwards. This project involves development centers spanning multiple geographies and time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in leading and technically managing projects
- Experience writing software, designing APIs, working on projects from cradle to grave
- Experience building SaaS platform which utilizes micro-services/distributed systems architecture
- Solid understanding of Java aspects like JVM Garbage Collection, JVM Heap, JVM Stack, JVM Profiling, JVM parameters for fine tuning, JVM Class Loading, etc.
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Experience on projects in Cloud computing or Cloud-hosted services
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Production expertise in any one of the modern stack Java, Scala, Kotlin or Go
- In depth understanding of micro services architectures, technological familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud, Openstack, GCE, Kubernetes, AWS
- Have built API's/services:
- That is built on top of MQ's - RabbitMQ, Kafka, NATS etc.
- That uses cache like Redis, Memcached to improve the performance of the platform
- That scales to millions of users in a cloud environment like Private cloud, GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with Yang models to YAML syntax.
- WiFi knowledge would be highly desired
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.