Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to design, develop and integrate Linux kernel and user space applications in embedded systems for a telecommunication product in our Lowell, MA office. This position requires experience on platform/board bring up using embedded Linux.
In this role you will participate in design and testing processes. As a niche business looking to expand and modernize our suite of products we deal with some very interesting challenges, we are looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. You’ll always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve our technology and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of Linux kernel, user space drivers and BSPs, bootloaders, bus protocols and peripheral drivers.
- Responsible for board bring up and platform porting.
- Programming SoCs and Multi-core processors at application software level.
- Design and implementation of ethernet and IP networking protocols.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of embedded software designs.
- Embedded software platform requirement analysis, architecture, design and development.
- Write functional, design and test specifications.
- Prototyping software for new products on very tight timelines.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with hardware and system engineering teams and stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Science with 5 or more years of Embedded Software development experience or MS degree with 2 or more years’ experience.
- Strong expertise in C & C++ development and Object-oriented programming concepts.
- Excellent understanding of IP networking, switching and ethernet protocols.
- Experience with design and implementation of high-performance packet processing systems.
- Experience with design & development on multi-threaded, multi-processor and SoC platforms.
- Experience with Linux kernel and user space application development.
- Experience on cross-platform development and build tools
- Excellent debugging skills using standard and advanced H/W and S/W debuggers (GDB, Lauterbach and JTAG ).
- LTE protocols
- Knowledge and working experience with GPS, Network Timing and 1588 Protocols
- Experience on Xilinx build tools (PetaLinux or Yocto based tools etc.)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.