Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing solutions for our next generation Distributed Access Architecture - Remote PHY and Remote MAC/PHY products as well as our industry leading E6000 Converged Edge Router. You will work closely with product management, architecture and quality assurance teams to bring new products to market while supporting the current product portfolio.
- Participating in all aspects of the development lifecycle
- Collaborating with senior level engineers in one-on-one and team settings
- Developing innovative solutions to introduce new functionality and product enhancements using technologies such as:
- Object Oriented C++ Programming
- Application Software Development
- Networking Concepts, including IPv4/IPv6 Routing and associated RFC based Protocol Development
- Device Driver and Low-Level Software Development
- Database, Network & Device Management
- Creating and executing test plans to validate functionality of new features in both simulated and hands-on lab environments
- Analyzing product failures for root cause
Qulifications & Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in real-time embedded development environments using C, C++
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.