This job is archived
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Software Engineering intern, you’ll work side-by-side with the CommScope team developing and integrating the latest innovative products using embedded Linux platforms!
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Participating in New Production Introduction Lifecycle (prototype engineering units)
- Coding New Features, Debug and Troubleshooting for Customer Reported Field Issues
- Collaborating with other CommScope CPE development teams (Hardware, DVT, QA, Systems)
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Rising Junior or Senior enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program pursuing a degree in EE or Computer Engineering or a similar program with a graduation date on or after December 2020.
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
Desired Skills / Knowledge Areas:
- Wi-Fi Technology [Register to View] WiFi6)
- Strong Linux Skills (Embedded preferred)
- Network Debugging (e.g. Wireshark/tcpdump)
- Knowledge of Networking & Routing Protocols (TCP/UDP/Firewall)
- Able to utilize industry standard test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Familiarity with standard development processes (Agile, Scrum, JIRA)
- Packet Generator Tools (e.g. Ixia, ByteBlower)
- GIT / Yocto / Unix scripting language
- C Programming Skills
You Will Excite Us If You
- Are passionate about technology, love to learn, and want to make a difference!
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.