This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure businesses need to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As an Embedded Software Engineer in our Shakopee, MN office you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of real-time software applications on embedded microcontrollers used in mobile radio communication systems. You will work with hardware engineers developing software for testing HW modules and the system. You’ll develop software that is compliant with various industry standards and generate appropriate design documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing, writing, testing embedded SW applications
- Producing documentation for developed software
- Develop and execute unit test cases and system test cases
- Resolve and support software issues reported from the field.
- Participate in the system design of wireless communications systems
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BSEE/BSCS along with 2 or more years C/C++ software programming experience
- Object Oriented development experience
- Experience using embedded SW development tools
- Experienced the in the use of effective SW design processes
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall development environments
- Familiar with security-related aspects of SW design
- Knowledge of mobile radio communication systems
- Experience with Linux, both embedded and PC-based
- Device driver development experience
- Experience porting applications between different platforms, operating systems, cross-platform builds
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.