This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The CommScope software development team in Beaverton Oregon is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the user interface and backend configuration/monitoring team for our Manifest Delivery Controller (MDC) and Global Service Manager (GSM). MDC is used to create a personalized streaming experience in over-the-top and cable video delivery. GSM is the loosely coupled cluster (using OKD) that provides configuration, monitoring, and data warehousing.
As the leader of the user interface and backend team, you will be responsible for coordinating the efforts of the developers on the team, recommending new solutions to satisfy marketing requirements, creating design documents to guide development of new solutions, and developing and maintaining code in the GSM.
• Work with Engineering Management and Product Marketing to design solutions to product requirements.
• Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
• Contribute to Agile work breakdown, story creation, and effort estimation.
• Guide the team during story execution.
• Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans.
• Propose new, creative solutions for tough, system-wide problems.
• Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams.
• Review and provide feedback on architectural documents, design documents, and code reviews
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of experience or commensurate degree and experience.
• Broad knowledge of Kubernetes, OKD, or OpenShift.
• Proficient with HTML and CSS.
• Proficient with XML and JSON.
• Proficient with HTTP and HTTPS.
• Proficient with Node.js.
• Proficient with git source code control.
• Proficient with Atlassian tool suite for defect tracking and project management.
• Expertise in network protocols (TCP, UDP) and debugging of networking issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with an Agile development process.
• Experience with RESTful API principles and implementation.
• Experience with swagger.
• Experience with Javadoc, Doxygen, or jsdoc.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.