This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The people of COMMSCOPE collaborate with the world’s top service providers, content providers, and retailers to advance the state of our industry and pioneer tomorrow’s connected world. Together, we are inventing the future. For more information, visit [Register to View] .
The Software Engineer will be part of a research and development team that designs and develops features on a Cable Modem Termination System.
The team is responsible for the user interface and management of the device and interacts with other teams to create new functionality.
Strong communication skills are required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• High level programming to develop Command Line Interface commands to support new features.
• Update the CLI commands for functionality as per the requirements
• Review various release documents such as Test Plan, Product Specification, and Customer documentation
• Investigate, debug and troubleshoot various product defects and field issues
• Update and maintain CLI-TEST (automated test system specifically for the CLI)
• Adding the new feature tests to the automated test system
• Performing unit and integration testing of the product
• Carry out weekly test runs and analyze test results for issues
• Communicating project status, issues, and requirements with manager in timely manner
Ability to ramp up quickly in C
• Knowledge of C++ concepts including class structures, class inheritance and STL
• Demonstrate an understanding of standard programming, software engineering techniques and software development tools.
• Candidate must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Cisco based CLI
• Experience with industry standard operating systems, compilers, debuggers, source-code control systems and bug trackers.
• Knowledge of real time operating system and/or embedded systems.
• Knowledge of networking, multithreading, and thread synchronization.
• DOCSIS experience
• Experience in scripting languages like Perl, Ruby, Python, and shell scripting preferred
• Knowledge of testing and writing automatic test scripts
• Understanding of Java concepts, and Java programming experience a plus
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required in CS, CompE or equivalent.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.