This job is archived
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, CommScope’s Service Assurance software product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
This position is targeted to recent college graduates that want to start their career in the software product development domain.
As a junior level Software Engineer at CommScope’s you will work with a variety of technologies and will work with cutting edge products. You will analyze, develop, design, and maintain software for CommScope’s products and systems. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing software features that solve market problems within project schedule deadlines
- Ensuring quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable thorough system testing
- Working with product management to clarify requirements and review software design proposals to meet market needs
- Contributing to organization culture, disciplines, process & tools
- Creating work breakdown and estimates for new projects.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or a similar degree program from an accredited college or university completed by June 2020
- Proficient in Java programming language with in-depth knowledge of common APIs and data structures
- Knowledge of developing software components using object-oriented programming (OOP) designs
- Have a passion for writing great code with the desire to achieve and exceed goals
- Prior internship work at a software product development company
- Experience in software development in a Linux applications environment
- Familiarity with web service and related protocols (ex. REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience using Spring Framework, Maven, Bitbucket/GIT, JUnit
- Understand database design and SQL query language, experience using NoSQL or SQL databases
- Knowledge of network programming, including sockets, TCP/IP, UDP and related networking protocols
- Experience writing deployed, distributed applications to a cloud platform.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.