CommScope is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The company’s vision and expertise continue to drive the industry’s innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. CommScope has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, Commsope’s Network Intelligence and Automation software product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
This position is targeted to recent college graduates that want to start their career in the software product development domain.
As an entry level Software Engineer at CommScope you will work with a variety of technologies and will work with cutting edge products. You will analyze, develop, design, and maintain software for CommScope's products and systems. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing software features that solve market problems within project schedule deadlines
- Ensuring quality of the system through comprehensive unit testing and collaborating with quality assurance engineers to enable thorough system testing
- Working with product management to clarify requirements and review software design proposals to meet market needs
- Contributing to organization culture, disciplines, process & tools
- Creating work breakdown and estimates for new projects.
- Knowledge of developing software components using the Java programming language
- Experience in software development in a Linux applications environment
- Familiarity with web service and related protocols. (ex. XML, REST, JSON)
- Web application development using Angular, React, Node or similar script frameworks highly desired
- Experience with network programming, including sockets, TCP/IP, UDP and related networking protocols
- Experience in deploying web applications to a cloud platform.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or a similar degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Prior internship work at a software product development company is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills