This job is archived
Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
Our canine mascot symbolizes our business built on deep relationships with our partners and an obsessive dedication to our end-customers. Dogs are fiercely loyal and known to go to extremes for the benefit of the pack. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
Design and develop new software features and enhancements related to Switching/Routing on converged wireless/wired CommScope Campus Enterprise DC products.
- Come up with creative solutions to design/architecture issues and customer issues.
- Expected to deliver quality output in all phases of software development cycle namely: requirement gathering, design, functional and design documentation and review, code, unit test, fix issues during SQA phase and customer support.
- Expected to deliver quality output in all related activities like peer code/design reviews, architecture discussions, brainstorming sessions to resolve customer issues, documentation reviews, training material for customer support team, work with release engineering team to resolve any CI/CD integration issues etc.
- Interact regularly with product management, quality assurance and customer support teams to accomplish feature definition, design, delivery and support.
- Should be a self-starter requiring minimal direction, exercising latitude in determining the goals of the assignment.
- BS in EE/CS or equivalent required, MS preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years experience in embedded software development in L2, L3 for switches/routers.
- Development experience and good knowledge in some of Ethernet switching and routing technologies viz. L2/L3/Multicast.
- Hands on experience in L2 bridging (control and data plane), MAC, VLAN, L2 protocols (xSTP, LACP, ERP, 802.1BR, MVRP), Q-in-Q, Mac-in-Mac and HA highly desirable.
- Hands on experience with one or more popular packet processors/vendor ASICs, SDK, especially in L2, L3, ACL table look ups, forwarding and learning, highly desirable.
- Experience in features like PVLAN, Multi-Chassis LAG, Vxlan, BGP-EVPN will be an added plus.
- Very strong in C programming, data structures, multithreading and SMP.
- Strong in Unix/Linux based system level design and development involving IPC, messages queues, shared memory, semaphores, threads/processes, signals, drivers/HW access etc.