At ARRIS, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. We’re the company people choose when they need high-quality, constant connectivity at home, in business, or anywhere in between. We connect hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. ARRIS invented the delivery of digital services to the home -- and we continue to create its future.ARRIS customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Access Technologies Group of engineers developing products for the leading Cable providers of the world. We’re looking for Engineers with proven experience successfully delivering and supporting software systems. The engineer will be responsible for sustaining support activity for factory testing and implementing software according to industry standard specifications and market-based requirements.Qualifications
- - BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent -
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with system software design and/or low-level software.
- - Experience in C/C++, Scripting in Perl/Python. - Networking knowledge: Ethernet layer 2 switching, MAC, VLAN, QOS, Q-n-Q, Priority of service, TCP/IP, UDP, IGMP, DHCP, DNS, PPP, Ethernet sniffers - Embedded knowledge: Embedded Linux, custom RTOS experience, threading, semaphores, memory management, interrupt handling, hardware register access -
- Understanding of HW/SW virtualization concepts is preferable. - Source control: SVN, GIT -
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, high self motivation, learn quickly, self-starter - System level integration and problem reporting -
- Network Management SNMP, - Device drivers UART, I2C, USB, SPI, FPGA, SFP devices - HTML, XML - Digital design and schematic understanding - User interface design - Design system architecture for new CPU.
- Creating technical specifications, writing manufacturing instructions. - Troubleshooting customer issues remotely. - Helping manufacturing solving difficult problems. - Design, provide special tools for manufacturing.