Required Education and Experience:
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 6-9 years of related experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in both C and C++ programming languages.
• Experience with gateway/router network protocols such as: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, IPv6, RIP, DNS
• Linux software development, including driver and kernel expertise.
• Cloud networking and management protocols.
• Software security background preferred.
• Experience in the cable industry a plus.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of communication systems software in a real-time embedded development environment OR in application development.
• Extensive experience with industry standard protocols and SW technologies in the telecommunications field either in systems development or in network management/application development.
• Hands-on experience with industry standard real-time operating systems, compilers, debuggers, source code control systems and bug trackers.
• Ability to interface with other functions (hardware, test, etc) during the development process required.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
• Effective at working in team situations.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.