This job is archived
With a strong foundation in field-proven device and network monitoring, management, and analytic technologies, CommScope’s Service Assurance product portfolio allows service providers to provide an optimum end user broadband experience with solutions for carrier operations, help desk, and subscriber self-help. Our software engineering team’s mission is to be a highly adaptable product delivery organization that is reliable, efficient, that fosters innovation and emphasizes continuous learning and improvement. The work environment is tailored to software engineers working in an Agile environment.
As a Distinguished Software Engineer at CommScope you will work with a variety of technologies and cutting-edge products. You will analyze, develop, design, and maintain software for CommScope’s products and systems.
- Be the lead technical resource for our planning and development teams in core product development. This includes the areas of cloud services, machine learning, data analysis/visualization and device management for worldwide telecom market.
- Create and maintain best practices for product design and development, support high quality software delivery and conduct architectural reviews.
- Participate or lead concept development and rapid productization for new features and concepts
- Review work of peers and provide constructive feedback to improve quality and develop peers
- Work with product management to clarify requirements and review software design proposals to meet market needs
- Contribute to organization culture, disciplines, processes & tools
- Foster team awareness and ability to stay abreast of new technical trends and software development techniques.
- Developing cloud-native products delivered via clustered microservices
- Delivering software for an elastic deployment environment (Kubernetes, Mesos, etc)
- Working with distributed computing concepts like sharding, queues, consensus and service discovery.
- Designing systems utilizing multiples types of datastores (e.g. relational, key-value, document store, NoSQL, etc.) in a distributed deployment
- Strong development skills in Java and frameworks such as Spring
- Exposure to DevOps style of product development and delivery
Education, Training and Aptitude:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a similar degree program. MS Preferred.
- Requires 12+ years of work experience
- Self-starter and proactive problem solver with strong troubleshooting ability
- Passion for mentoring fellow peers.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.