Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As a Engineering Hardware Project Manager working from our Lowell, MA office, you will be supporting our ONECELL hardware team in Buchdorf, Germany, Richardson TX and Shakopee, MN managing projects inception through release to the customer and work closely with Program Manager, Software, and PL teams on critical milestones and dependencies. You’ll also:
• Create schedules across Digital, RF, Mechanical, Regulatory, and Diagnostics functions, including HW resources in Buchdorf, Richardson, and Shakopee. Your responsibilities also include:
• Work with Operations in Chelmsford, MA, Forest, VA and Suzhou, China to buy material, coordinate build plans for prototypes and New Product Introduction, NPI.
• Create demand spreadsheet for all Hardware Engineering prototype needs and track build schedules.
• Work with Engineering & Reliability teams to select suppliers, gather quotes, and summarize quotation data for submittal to CAP committee.
• Work with other CommScope facilities to coordinate tests, prepare technical files, etc.
• Create and Coordinate Engineering Change Notices. Facilitate transfer of BOMs to factory and Contract Manufactures.
• Work with Hardware management team to update process as needed.
• Ensure design engineers are up to speed on the process and assist engineers as needed.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 or more years’ experience in a technical project or program manager role in a telecommunication product development organization
• Advanced PC skills using Microsoft Office products and MS Project
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and organize cross-functional teams.
• Ability to effectively win the support of the technical team through capabilities, insights, and personal competence in a highly matrixed multi-cultural organization.
• Experience with antenna RF or Mechanical design and process
• Engineering degree
• PMP accreditation of certification in technical project management is a plus.
• Work experience with SAP
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.