Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
CommScope AI-enabled RUCKUS cloud converged network management-as-service platform, simplifies deployment, monitoring and management of your single-site or geographically distributed multi-site wired and wireless network.
Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology re-defines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability. Our Access Point lineup is the best in the industry. And now we’re transforming the Wi-Fi managed services' business with cloud technology.
Our fast paced Devops team is looking for a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team in Richardson, TX or anywhere in U.S. (remote), it is an ideal opportunity if you would like to work on the latest technologies.
How you'll connect us the world:
The SRE Lead handles technical problems and drives technical excellence at all levels, working with senior management to support execution of the organization's vision. The SRE Lead is a person who cares deeply about the technical side of operations and making sure that everything is running smoothly for our microservice based Ruckus Cloud. The ideal candidate enjoys interfacing between the dev team and devops team, understands technology deeply at both the server level and at the development level, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to prevent application emergencies from ever happening. This person is deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions (both server and web applications) and is able to set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.
The SRE Lead manages service delivery and website/systems reliability and scalability including: reporting, configuration and build, testing, planning, and deployment of solutions and will be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners), reporting to the VP of DevOps.
This person must be able to coordinate well between a variety of vendors and technical experts. This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator, able to simplify jargon when necessary, yet able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences. You are an avid learner, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organization.
The SRE lead that has
• Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
• Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
• Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
• Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities
• Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
• Manages operational aspect of production and development servers including developing, training in, and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation, scheduling, and more .
• Maintains issue tracking and documentation systems and provides reporting that ensures proper tracking and visibility of issues and projects
• Identifies technical and process improvement opportunities and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
• Works closely with the VP of DevOps in release planning, preparation, validation, postrelease monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
• Skilled at collaborating effectively with engineering teams.
• Ability to simplify complex situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis.
• Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes.
• Ability to lead small teams: provide technical direction, prioritize tasks to achieve goals, identify dependencies, report on progress.
• Excellent communication skills.
Strong fluency in Linux environments is a must.
Scripting and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations.
L2, L3, load balancer, routing and VPN configuration.
Kubernetes, ISTIO (service mesh) configuration and management
Strong understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
You'll excite us if you have
• Baseline SQL skills.
• Integration between multiple systems using their published API’s.
• Expertise using version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
• Configurating and maintenance of database technologies such as Cassandra, MariaDB, Elastic.
• Open source configuration of monitoring systems such as Nagios, Sensu or Prometheus.
• Configuration of log pipeline technologies such as ELK, FluentD, GROK, rsyslog, Google Stackdriver.
• Utilization of configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
Why Ruckus a CommScope BU?
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.