Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Are you ready for an exciting challenge? As an IT Operations Data Architect / Engineer you will be in an outstanding position to shape and transform our global computing environments both on-prem and in “the cloud”. Our team is responsible for researching, designing, and implementing new server, storage, backups, and other data center-related technologies. We challenge ourselves to always look for ways to better our current technologies and to automate systems and processes making the management and usability of our infrastructure easier. This position can be located in Richardson, TX, or Hickory, NC.How You'll Help us Connect The World
- Design and implement new technologies within our global IT infrastructure environments.
- Develop standards and policies to ensure uniformity of deployments and standard methodologies for how our technologies are used.
- Be security conscious and build security standard methodologies into all our designs and implementations
- Guide peers within other parts of IT Operations about our new technologies and designs.
- Thoroughly document everything we introduce to our environment and create user guides.
- Think creatively, find opportunities to better use the licensing and technologies built into our current systems to make the use and operations of those systems easier.
- Create automation and scripts in any number of possible technologies to move us ever closer to an infrastructure that runs itself and provides self-service to our users.
- Work with and negotiate with vendors to improve the value they provide us.
- Be both a leader and an extraordinary teammate
- Ten or more years’ experience working in support of Data Centers
- 5 or more years of proven track record with design, implementation, quality assurance, and transition to operations of enterprise-level Linux and Windows infrastructure
- Experience with planning, deploying, and configuring systems in a cloud-based infrastructure (AWS/Azure/Google).
- Programming, automation, and scripting experience
- Ability to travel 15% on average.
- Bachelors degree in IT or Engineering field
- Experience supporting Data Centers in a large multisite global enterprise network.
You'll be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in the Company’s Annual Incentive Plan.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks, and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : North Carolina;United States : North Carolina : Hickory