Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope AI-enabled RUCKUS cloud converged network management-as-service platform, simplifies deployment, monitoring and management of your single-site or geographically distributed multi-site wired and wireless network.
We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology re-defines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
This DevSec ops position can be based in Richardson, TX or Hickory, NC or Sunnyvale, CA
Working within the DevOps organization the SecOps leader will be responsible for defining and implementing strategy and technologies for our Cloud security program. This hands on roll will require you to define processes, create policies and documentation which help carve the road towards cloud certifications. You will be hands on and build security into our systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implements security controls to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Evaluates, implements, operates security tooling and analysis and reports on output.
- Drives cloud compliance initiatives including program management aspects such as tracking cross-functional dependencies.
- Ensure management’s buy-in and commitment to a realistic roadmap for iterating and improving security throughout an organization
- Establish cross-team collaboration with security built into the software development lifecycle
- Communicating risk in a nuanced manner to inform business decisions
Experience and Education
- Deep knowledge/experience in networking, infrastructure and applications from a DevOps perspective with a security focus
- Extensive experience with intrusion analysis, incident handling, incident response, malware analysis, vulnerability assessment or penetration testing.
- Strong experience in implementing, operating and analyzing continuous monitoring tools.
- In depth understanding of the methods of technical attack and how these can be detected in a digital environment
- Ability to assess and analyze a wide range information to draw conclusions on how to improve the security of our systems
- Specific experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EC2 deployments and virtual machines.
- Broad knowledge of release engineering: build, integration, deployment and provisioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of infrastructure and operations management experience at a global scale.
- 7+ years of experience in operations management, including monitoring, configuration management, automation, backup and recovery.
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong fluency in Linux environments is a must.
- Good SQL skills.
- Scripting and/or programming skills and the ability to develop custom tool integrations.
- Integration between multiple systems using their published API’s.
- L2, L3, load balancer, routing and VPN configuration.
- Kubernetes, ISTIO (service mesh) configuration and management.
- Expertise using version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies: VMware, Docker, Kubernetes.
NO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES PLEASE
Why Ruckus a CommScope BU?
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.