Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As Engineering Program Manager working from our Lowell, MA office, you will be responsible for a full product release with people working from different locations (primarily US and India). You will manage major products releases from inception through release to the customer and work closely with engineers and managers to create program plans and drive gate reviews thru our product development process. During the program you will run the Core team to track and resolve technical and logistical issues. You will work with multiple levels of Engineering and Business management to report program progress and marshal resources to keep the programs on their cost, quality and schedule goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with PLM and System Engineering teams for defining the release content
- Work with teams (HW, SW, Testing, SE) for planning resources, tools and schedule
- Tracking all deliverables and checkpoint - Requirement compliance, design document, test plans ,cross functional reviews
- Present weekly status update to management team
- Ensuring quality of the release
- Escalation of risks and identifying mitigation
- Work with PMO to improve process, tools for program tracking and reporting
Required Skills & Experience Required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Program Management
- Overall 12+ years’ experience in Product Development and/or Technical Program Management of Telecom products with complex SW and HW development
- Must be proficient in planning tools: Microsoft Project, Jira and others
- Significant experience managing end-to-end projects/releases from program inception thru customer deployment and introduction to production
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Work experience in LTE or 5G
- Formal training in Program Management
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.