Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
This position is responsible for developing and collaborating across divisions to implement CommScope’s Information Security program. The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform IT Project and Supplier Risk Assessments while aligning to business goals and objectives.Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform IT Risk Assessments for various enterprise projects in order to identify, mitigate and manage risks.
- Perform Supplier Risk Assessments for direct and indirect suppliers in order to identify, mitigate and manage risks.
- Perform IT Audits to support business needs and compliance objectives.
- Support InfoSec team’s Governance, Risk and Compliance projects, tools and initiatives.
- Maintain policy, standards, guidelines, procedures development and maintenance expertise / support in coordination with the CommScope enterprises business strategies.
- Research and provide expertise in understanding corporate and business best practices and convert these practices into information security policy, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Balance the needs of the business with the contractual and regulatory landscape to create balanced and enforceable information security directives and guidelines
- Work with IT Security-related control frameworks and standards; e.g. ISO27002, PCI, SOX, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology or related curriculum required.
- Relevant work experience in Information Security, audit, risk management required.
- Demonstrated basic understanding in processes related to the position, including applying standard security awareness techniques/principles in gathering information, conducting fieldwork, and reporting issues.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Analytical, problem solving, strong documentation skills; attention to detail.
- Strong relationship and team building skills.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Skilled at conducting, preparing and presenting analysis, findings and recommendations.
- Pursuing certifications in Security+, CISSP, CISA or CISM.
- Experience in large global disbursed business environments.
- Experience managing information security, governance, or compliance documents for a multi-national organization preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.