This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are currently seeking a GIS Specialist in our Austin, TX office to perform GIS related tasks and develop configurations, processes to prepare customer data for import to the company's system, and manage a GIS system.
- Maintain GIS database, and applications(mainly), ESRI, GE Small World, and QGIS
- Develop Integrations of our GIS Platforms into CAD programs, Field Collection Programs and Billing Systems. A Strong Python skill set will be required.
- Applying sound and diversified knowledge of data system principles and practices to project assignments
- Providing input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and analysis improvements related to data science techniques and technology
- Maintaining an expert level of technical expertise in one or more data system disciplines
- Initiating and maintaining contacts with key technical experts in other organizations to confirm that data science practices applied are consistent with current standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Assisting with training and development of other analysts related to data system consulting, analysis and code compliance issues
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree required
- Extensive knowledge of GIS software, primarily the ESRI ecosystem
- Working knowledge of geoprocessing scripts, preferably Python
- Strong understanding of database concepts.
- Highly proficient in MS Access, Excel and Word.
- Typing speed of 45 words per minute or higher
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn processes, procedures and software independently and quickly.
Preferred Skills, Education and Experience
- Preferred 2+ years of related experience and/or training
- 4 year degree in Geography or GIS or related technical discipline
- Coax, Ethernet and Fiber handling experience.
- Must be conscientious, attentive to detail and analytical.
- Have a sound knowledge of RF systems design and / or drafting.
- As applicable, ability to perform as a team lead.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.