This job is archived
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Software Engineering IT Intern, you will be responsible for configuration and maintenance of Software Development Applications, primarily around the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, FeCru, Bamboo) used by engineering teams across the business.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Working on a critical project to assess suitability of different vendor platforms that will form the basis of our Atlassian tools for the engineering community into the future.
- Ensuring existing processes can be completed in the new environment.
- Work closely with customers to familiarize them with the tools.
- Work on migration of data from existing environment to the new one.
- Reshaping and rebranding our teams Confluence Space.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s student in IT or Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have experience using the Atlassian tools.
- Have expertise in troubleshooting technical IT issues.
- Have interest in the SW development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.