This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for IT Regional Site Support Manager (West Region) to join our team in Richardson, TX or Joliet, IL. This position demands a highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills, requiring frequent inside and outside contact at technical levels with extensive executive level contact. This position requires a relatively high degree of diplomacy and the ability to communicate with persons at all levels of authority.
You will manage the activities surrounding a broad range of Information Technology operational tasks for the Western United States. This position will provide administrative management of on-going day to day operational support activities including management of IT infrastructure, project coordination, consulting for business computer, hardware installations and related operating system software. This role serves as the primary interface between the information technology organization and internal business teams for assigned locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide IT support to the business and manage a team of IT site support personnel and contractors.
- Prioritize workloads and manage resources for optimal performance to achieve departmental goals and meet business needs and objectives.
- Manage on-going operation of IT infrastructure at business locations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the regional business unit and corporate IT organization for strategic matters, providing direction required to meet immediate needs of the operating units while simultaneously thinking strategically and executing to a vision to meet CommScope’s future needs.
- Support business offices, engineering labs, manufacturing and distribution warehouses. This will require walking, climbing (stairs / ladders), and standing for long periods of time while surveying and touring large facilities.
- Interact with and/or lead IT cross-functional teams, business partners and vendors for various work efforts.
- Manage personnel (supervisors and/or individual contributors) including but not limited to recruiting / hiring, supervision, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and an on-going commitment to diversity. Lead, develop and motivate team to deliver excellent technical / non-technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness.
- Responsible for IT operational metrics.
- Monitor, track, and assign work requests.
- Ensure adherence to global standards for CommScope information systems, operating platforms, business system architecture and IT policies. Champion IT processes to ensure a balance of supporting the corporate view with local usability.
- Plan, manage and document team initiatives and projects with sufficient detail to facilitate successful implementations.
- Prepare the IT regional budget and manage IT expenses in line with budget. Provide input to the regional business leaders for inclusion of IT capital and expense items in the business budget to ensure the necessary level of investment in local IT infrastructure.
- Manage geographically distributed staff
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and material
- Interact with and/lead direct reports
- Completed bachelor’s degree and five or more years of experience in technology
- Customer Service focused.
- Highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills – excellent communications, written and verbal.
- Up to date knowledge of Information Technology systems, network concepts.
- Competency as a team leader and all aspects of employee management.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate is required to be available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : Illinois;United States : Illinois : Joliet